Friday, January 16, 2009

Ah snow days

We are on our 3rd snow day in a row. And they have Monday off, too. I hope, when I'm a grandma and if I'm not working outside the home and am healthy enough, that I remember these snow days (holiday vacations) and remember how stir crazy not only I got, but the kids. Thankfully, my FIL lives next door and he came over Wednesday afternoon. He took the older two outside to make snowangels and forts. Then he visited for awhile and had snacks with the kids and I. It was great. It really broke up the monotony of the day and lifted everyone's spirits to have someone other than each other to stare at. Thursday the older two got to go next door for a couple of hours after MIL was home from work. However, it wasn't pleasant for her because they were stir crazy and fighting. Today hasn't been too bad. I've gotten some knitting done (there made it knitting related) because they've been playing fairly well in the other part of the house. Rather, they WERE until my oldest ran out of the room with a blanket over her head and ran smack dab into the corner of the wall. She has very pretty goose egg on her fore head now. She's in a not so great mood since that happened.

So, when my kids have kids I hope I remember these days and think to go visit and even take a kid or two home with me. Even if it's just for a couple of hours. It's such a small thing with huge returns. Reason #489 that I'm thankful to live next door to inlaws: snow days are long and boring.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So, is it spring yet? Here's hoping the rest of your weekend and Monday leave you all much less stir-crazy.

And thank you so much for your supportive comment on my last post. Just hearing from everyone has made me feel a lot better.